Wednesday, April 6, 2016

"Be who you are. You are not everyone's cup of tea and that is OK."


"Be who you are. You are not everyone's cup of tea and that is OK."


For real????  That sentence. That one up there in bold. The one I retyped.  ^^^^ That is one of the hardest things to accept if you suffer from Anxiety.  Saying that it is okay for people to not like you, what is that all about??  I mean, obviously someone not liking you is bad. Isn't it? Anxiety paints my world in vibrant blacks and whites. Liked = white = good.  Not liked = black = bad. 

I don't even know if it is possible for me to learn that ^^^ especially because I don't know if I am my own cup of tea. One of the things I do know about myself is that I am completely self-aware of all of my flaws. Anxiety told me. Anxiety has a list and because Anxiety is a squatter in my brain, I have the list. It's pinned on the wall of my cerebral cortex or something, like a poster from my favorite band on my tween bedroom wall. 

Anxiety tells me that my flaws are greater than my gifts. Even more clever than that, Anxiety tells me how my gifts can be considered flaws.  Anxiety is a master mind of turning a positive into a negative.  Oh how I wish I could use my mental powers for good instead of evil.  Baby steps.

Let's rephrase:

Be who you are.  Become your own cup of tea, then you will be OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment