Thursday, September 15, 2016
To quote Usher, these are my confessions:
· I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2003.
· I was on Lexapro for 13 years before it finally dropped me.
· I am currently on Viibryd for both GAD and Depression.
· Turns out I had Depression all along, but the voices of GAD were louder.
· My Anxiety is a noun, not a verb.
· Anxiety is a living, breathing part of me.
· I feel sorry for those who love me, because they didn’t sign up for this.
· I fear for my kids because they see me crack.
· I apologize, but seeing your mom crying in the fetal position in her bed is scar-worthy material.
· I will pay for their therapy.
· I currently exhaust my HSA to pay for my own therapy.
· I inappropriately think of my therapist as my friend because she understands.
· I had a panic attack in therapy today.
· It is the first time anyone has seen it besides my husband (and random people outside of my car window).
· It was embarrassing.
· I took Valium.
· Actually 2.
· Then I went back to work because I am “functional.”
· Being able to “function” feels like a lie 99% of the time.
· I hate having all the feelings.
· I hate that- for me- Emotional Thought > Rational Thought.
· Sharing my story is easy.
· Living in my brain is hard.